Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog Post #1: Meet our Family


I have worked in education as an elementary school counselor for the past four years, yet this is the first time I have NOT had to work through the summer.  And might I say, these have been the most relaxing few weeks of my life ;-)  So with all of my free time, I figured it might be fun to start a blog! I've had so much fun following blogs of friends, families, (and strangers) and I figured, why not take a stab at it myself?
With this being the first blog, I thought it seemed appropriate that I should "introduce" myself and my family and give some direction as to where I want to go with this blog.  So here goes... My husband and I coincidentally both moved to St. Louis the summer before our 7th grade year.  We became friends throughout high school and college (GO MIZZOU!) and began dating just before graduating from college in 2006.  We were married in July of 2010, and are looking forward to celebrating our 1 year anniversary in a couple of weeks!   

Although we do not have any "human" babies yet, we treat our dog, Sadie, as our baby and love to spoil her.  We adopted her two years ago as a puppy and are very much looking forward to taking her up to Door County next week.  She loves to swim and will be in Dog Heaven!   
When I am not working, hanging out with friends & family, or spoiling Sadie, I am usually thinking about food :-) I pretty much love everything to do with food including: planning menus, grocery sopping, cooking, baking and of course eating!! I'm currently taking a cake decorating class.  Here is a little of my work from last night:
So that pretty much sums up where my life is at right now.  While I don't claim to be a fabulous writer, I am looking forward to sharing our life's adventures and food inspirations through this blog.  I hope you enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment